Communication for Change created Latih Logika in 2018, an online course in critical thinking in the Indonesian language, targeting young people from high-schools and beyond. Latih Logika also has its own Youtube channel.
Beyond providing forever-free lessons in critical thinking, our ultimate goal is to create an online community of young critical thinkers in Indonesia. With the members’ active participation, we hope it can help curb the spread and the speed of disinformation in social media. We created and manage Latih Logika because we want to help preserve democracy, especially freedom of expression, in Indonesia.
The position: Latih Logika community manager
Latih Logika is on Twitter and Instagram, and we need someone who can create content and manage the interactions in both channels to grow the community. Once circumstances allow, we also plan to have meet-ups in various cities to build stronger links among the community members.
The role of Community Manager is to grow the online community of young critical thinkers in Indonesia, who participate in battling and taming misinformation and disinformation that is rampant in social media.
To fulfil this role, the Community Manager is expected to:
- Develop content plan and produce content for Latih Logika’s social media, including but not limited to Youtube, Twitter, Instagram
- Respond to questions or comments on social media
- Ensure that the uploaded contents do not violate any copyright issue
- Regularly monitor and report the performance of the social media accounts (impressions, engagements, follower growth) and the traffic to the website to the Consultant(s)
- Give advice and recommendations, even unsolicited, to Consultant(s) to help Latih Logika achieve its targets and goals.
We imagine her or his day-to-day tasks to cover the following:
- Develop the quarterly and weekly content plan for Latih Logika’s social media channels, to be approved by Consultant(s)
- Develop and upload the content according to the approved plan
- Write copy for the content
- Develop visualisations, or supervise the development of the visualiations, for social media posts
- Edit and create shorter versions of Latih Logika’s videos
- Create weekly digital media performance analysis.
Key performance indicator
We will measure her or his performance with the following metrics:
- Timeliness in meeting deadlines
- Impressions, engagements, and follower growth
- The quality of the content she or he produces in terms of relevance to Latih Logika’s goal, freshness, and charm
- Quality of the argument in his or her reports and recommendations.
We understand that this role requires someone who is already a critical thinker in his or her everyday life. Thus we expect she or he:
- Is a critical thinker who applies critical thinking in forming her/his opinions
- Is passionate to evangelise critical thinking to her/his peer
- Writes and speaks well (not just grammatically correct), in both English and Indonesian
- Is conscientious
- Is bold enough to give unsolicited but well-formulated ideas to Consultant(s)
Familiarity with video or image editing apps is a plus but not mandatory.
The monthly salary will be in the range of Rp 5,000,000 to Rp 5,500,000 after-tax (but you have to pay your part for BPJS Ketenagakerjaan). We provide health insurance.
Behavior and skills we value from our employees
In Communication for Change, people are rewarded and promoted when they:
- Consistently refuse to do mediocre jobs: we hate jobs that are done for the sake of completing them or meeting the minimum requirements. We want team members who put serious effort into their work and tie in their professional pride with the quality of their output. We don’t hire those who miss deadlines, cut corners, are easily satisfied with their own results, or give up easily.
- Are respectful to others: we respect others’ time. We are punctual and come to meetings prepared. We respect others’ presence. We listen to others to really understand them. We put away our phones so we can pay full attention to them. Lastly, we don’t believe brilliant jerks exist: nobody can be so brilliant she or he can get away with treating others rudely.
- Make things happen, not wait for things to happen: we promote people who take initiatives and act in advance of a future event. We don’t want colleagues who always need to be asked to do something. We anticipate and prevent, instead of reacting and fixing. We are somewhat impatient and don’t tolerate unsettled or unexplained details.
- Are intellectually hungry and humble: we never stop learning about topics that are related to work and ones that give us personal satisfaction. We publicly admit when we don’t know and deliver on the promise that we’ll find out as soon as possible.
We operate in full remote mode from Day 1 in 2016, way before COVID-19. This is ideal for people who hate commuting, love working in their pajamas, and don’t mind having less social time with their colleagues. Although it provides some degree of flexibility, you cannot treat it as a part-time job in addition to your main responsibility, including homemaking or caregiving.
Communication for Change is founded by minorities and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain why you think C4C is the right place for you and why you are the best candidate for us.
Please attach your recent op-ed for an unpopular opinion (in English). We would also like to know your opinion on “The User Guide of Working with Paramita Mohamad”.
Please do not reveal your year of birth, religion, and gender on your CV. Make sure you show us your relevant experiences and list down people who can vouch for your achievements.