We at the Communication for Change (C4C) are looking for a well-qualified professional who will be in charge of our marketing and sales activities. This person will work closely with the CEO to fulfill our growth ambition.
We are a communication consultancy firm serving people and organizations who want to make Indonesia suck less. We help them get buy-in and make changes in how people behave or how policies are written. We do it through compelling communication based on rigorous evidence-based thinking. We combine the art and craft of advertising and marketing with the current finding from behavior science.
Today, C4C has two major revenue streams: training and consulting. Our training programs are open for the public or delivered in-house, and they cover skills that you can see here. Our consulting programs are designed for nonprofit organizations, and they span from (re)building internal communication departments, strengthening institutional communications, systematizing advocacy efforts, and planning till evaluating public campaigns. To summarize, C4C operates in both B2C and B2B areas.
Communication for Change does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability.
C4C has been growing steadily since its inception, but we know there are people and organizations who can benefit from our expertise. We need someone who can accelerate our growth in both B2C and B2B sectors.
We expect the person to help us grow faster, by:
- Getting C4C within the consideration set of more potential buyers. For B2C they are potential buyers of our public courses, while for B2B donors and nonprofit organizations
- Widening our B2B customer base and project portfolio. We have a roster of loyal institutional clients and a strong portfolio in environmental issues and to some extent basic-services governance. But we are keen to work with more donors and organizations from various sectors.
We already have our sales and marketing strategy in place. But professionals discuss logistics too, unlike amateurs who only talk strategies. Therefore, to accomplish his or her objectives, we expect the Sales and Marketing Specialist to do the following:
- Plan, budget, and execute all marketing activities, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, paid ads, and (web) events
- Maintain our presence across all digital channels
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, assess against goals (ROI and KPIs), and make recommendations to the CEO
- Utilize the strong analytical ability to identify critical conversion and drop-off points and optimize marketing funnel
- Collaborate with vendors and other partners
- Manage and supervise our Training Specialist in making sure that inquiries convert to sales for our public training programs
- Manage the handling of B2B inquiries (in the form of RFP, TOR, free consultations, or less formal ones), and assisting her to develop proposals or expressions of interest
- Coordinate with Consultants and Project Manager in C4C to manage schedules and workload of team members.
Expected qualities and requirements
We understand that this role is three parts technical expertise and one part creativity. Thus we expect the Sales and Marketing Specialist to possess the following qualities
- Highly-skilled in technical matters
- Solid knowledge of website, social, and marketing analytics tools
- Demonstrable experience managing SEO/SEM, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Skills to light-edit or optimize various content formats such as blogs, videos, images, podcasts, etc.
- Clear, calm communicator, in both Indonesian and English, written and oral
- Healthy fascination toward many subjects outside advertising and marketing.
We want someone with at least 3 years of proven track records. Previous work and references matter a lot, so please make sure you include them in your application.
The monthly salary will be in the range of IDR 8.000.000 to 12.000.000 after-tax (but you have to pay your part for BPJS Ketenagakerjaan). We provide good health insurance and allowance for self-development.
Behavior and skills we value from our employees
In Communication for Change, people are rewarded and promoted when they:
- Consistently refuse to do mediocre jobs: we want team members who put serious effort into their work and tie in their professional pride with the quality of their output. We hire those who want to disprove the myths of unprofessional Indonesians.
- Are respectful to others: we respect others’ time. We are punctual and come to meetings prepared. In meetings, including virtual ones, we don’t multitask so we can pay full attention and listen carefully to others. Lastly, we don’t believe brilliant jerks exist: nobody can be so brilliant she or he can get away with treating others rudely.
- Make things happen, not wait for things to happen: we promote people who take initiatives. We anticipate and prevent, instead of reacting and fixing. We are impatient with loose ends.
- Are intellectually hungry and humble: we never stop learning about topics that are related to work and ones that give us personal satisfaction. We publicly admit when we don’t know and deliver on the promise that we’ll find out as soon as possible.
This is a remote position. We operate in full remote mode from Day 1, way before COVID-19. This is ideal for people who hate commuting, love working in their pajamas, and don’t mind having less social time with their colleagues. Although it provides some degree of flexibility, you cannot treat it as a part-time job in addition to your main responsibility, including homemaking or caregiving.
How to apply
- Please send your application to email@example.com
- Please attach your previous works to convince us you have the right experience and skills
- Explain why you think C4C is the right place for you and why you are the best candidate for us
- Please do not reveal your year of birth, religion, and gender on your CV
- Make sure you list down people who can vouch for your achievements.
We will only contact those we are interested in. Good luck, and look forward to receiving your applications.